Security Benefits Fund
Life & Disability Benefits:
- Life Insurance $5,000 ($1,000 for part-time)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment $5,000 ($1,000 for part-time)
- Weekly Accident and Sickness Benefit $250 weekly for up to 13 weeks
Supplemental Health Benefits:
Dental Benefits (Choose one of the following plans):
Schedule Dental Plan
- Use a participating dentist or any dentist of your choice
- No out-of-pocket expenses if you use a participating dentist
- Maximum benefit of $2,000 per person, per calendar year
- Use Dentcare panel dentist
- Most services covered at no charge
- No annual or lifetime maximum
Prescription Drug Cost Reimbursement Benefit
In order to ensure that no one will go bankrupt due to expensive medications the $5,000 per year, per family, maximum prescription drug benefit paid by the SBF had its cap removed on January 1, 2014. There is no dollar maximum on the amount of money that the SBF will then pay for prescription drugs for any member or dependent of the Fund.
General Medical Reimbursement Benefit
- Benefit of up to $150 per family per calendar year for covered medical expenses.
- Benefit can be applied towards certain unreimbursed, out-of-pocket medical expenses.
Mental Health Benefit
- Covers out-patient mental health and substance abuse care.
- Reimbursement of up to a maximum of $300 per person, per calendar year.
- One eye exam and one pair of prescription eyeglasses (or contact lenses) per person,
per calendar year.
• Maximum $100 benefit per person, per calendar year.
• Maximum of four claims per family, per calendar year.
Hearing Aid Reimbursement Benefit
- Up to $300 per eligible person
- Benefits can be claimed once every two years.
- Up to $10 per visit four times a calendar year for you and your spouse only.
Education Benefits Fund
The benefits from this Fund cover a wide range of educational programs such as;
The College Tuition Reimbursement Program
Provides reimbursement of up to $200 per semester for tuition and/or registration fees for a maximum of three terms per year.
You can be reimbursed up to $25 each semester for books if you are enrolled in a course covered by the College Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Queens College Urban Leadership Program
Graduate and undergraduate students covered by CWA Local 1180 Education Fund are eligible to participate and for residents of New York State tuition and fees are completely waived for up to eight designated three-credit courses in Urban Studies.
The CUNY/ DCAS Public Administration Program
The CUNY/DCAS Public Administration Program is offered in collaboration with the NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS), City University of New York’s Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education (JSMI) and Local 1180 on both the undergraduate and graduate level. It is designed to provide an opportunity to earn college credits, improve communication and analytic skills, and provide for expanded knowledge of government agencies, social services, labor relations, and the legislative and budgetary process in the context of deepening the understanding of urban challenges.
New York City Reimbursable Courses
New York City Reimbursable Courses Program is provided by the CWA Local 1180 Education Fund for full-time municipal employees in covered titles.
Tuition Reimbursement Adult Education Program
If you successfully complete courses in a job-related area in an Adult Education Program, you can receive full reimbursement of the tuition up to a maximum of $100 per year.
Career Development Conferences
If you attend a conference in a job-related area for Career Development, you can receive reimbursement up to a maximum of $100.
Workplace Literacy Program
The fund develops and administers courses for Local 1180 members to assist them in preparing for civil service examinations fortitles covered under the collective bargaining unit or for promotional titles into management.
Exam Prep Courses
The Fund develops and administers courses for Local 1180 members to assist them in preparing for civil service examinations for titles covered under the collective bargaining unit or for promotional
titles into management.
Legal Benefits Fund
Covers general legal matters such as document review and consultations with a lawyer.
- Covers civil matters such as wills, divorces, adoptions, personal bankruptcy, tenant rights and sale or purchase of a home.
- Covers criminal matters such as representation at a criminal arraignment and bail bond benefit.